Early-bird rate extended until 4:00 pm Tuesday, March 8. Online registration closes March 10 at 10:00 am. At the-door registrations will be accepted. Additional $10/person after March 8.
Vineyard/Winery Tour, March 11: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm. The tour visits Charlie T Locklear Vineyard & Winery in Maxton and Cypress Bend Vineyards in Wagram. Tour registration includes lunch, dinner, and your transportation from the Robeson County Extension Center in Lumberton, NC and back again via van, We strongly encourage riding the transportation provided for your safety, relaxation and good conversation. Registration for the tour is limited. Preference will be given to those also registered for the conference itself or accompanying conference registrants.
Main conference, Saturday, March 12: 9:00 am – 5:15 pm at the Southeast NC Agriculture Center in Lumberton. (Registration, refreshments and visit with exhibitors 8:00-9:00 am.) Topics include pest and disease control, vine management, new muscadine cultivars, buyer panel on fresh-market muscadines, and more. The conference will also feature an exclusive preview showing of “Healthy Hope, ” a new documentary film on muscadine health benefits research. Lunch and other refreshments are included in all registrations.
Covid-19 concerns? We are pleased that the levels of infection have dropped off dramatically from earlier this year. The SE NC Ag Center is a large building with high ceilings and room for wide spacing of attendees. Much of the tour will be outside, weather permitting. Masks will be available.
Registration and Fees
* Can join with registration and receive member rates. Note that membership is per family/vineyard/company (extension/student membership is individual). Registration is per-person.
Additional $10/person after March 8.
Exhibitor/Sponsor inquiries welcome. Learn more here.
Membership fee for the NC Muscadine Grape Association is $50 (individuals, wineries, vineyards), $25 (students/extension), and $150 (Suppliers, marketers, other businesses)
Accommodations & Travel
The Southeastern Agricultural Center is at 1027 US-74 ALT, Lumberton, NC 28358 Parking is free.
The Robeson County Cooperative Extension Office (beginning/end point for tour van tranportation) is at 455 Caton Rd, Lumberton, NC 28360. There is plenty of free parking.
Hotels: Local advice recommends staying near Exit 22 on I-95, as these are the best hotel selections in a good area with several nearby restaurants. Hotels include
- Holiday Inn Express (less than a year old) 302 Wintergreen Drive, Lumberton, NC 28358, phone 910-593-6234 Includes free breakfast
- Springhill Suites (about two years old) 5128 Fayetteville Rd, Lumberton, NC 28360, phone 910-738-2085.
- Comfort Suites 215 Wintergreen Drive, Lumberton, NC 28358910-225-7983 Includes free breakfast
- Holiday Inn 101 Wintergreen Drive, Lumberton, NC 28358, phone 910-671-1166
- Quality Inn 201 Wintergreen Drive, Lumberton, NC, 28358, phone 910-674-4473 Includes free breakfast
Have questions? Contact NCMGA.