Wednesday, June 16, 10:30 am-12:00 : Summer Vineyard Management for High Quality Grapes Virtual webinar
For both wine and fresh market growers, the session will cover fertility management, pest and disease management, and more to help you produce the best quality grapes you can for your chosen markets or purposes. The session will be led by NC State University Small Fruit Specialist Mark Hoffmann and Bill Cline, NC State University Dept. of Entomology and Plant Pathology. One hour of North Carolina pesticide recertification credits has been applied for. This webinar is free. Register here for the webinar. Please register by June 14.
Wednesday, July 14: Grape Testing and Sampling This session is part of the Muscadine Winegrowers & Winemakers Quality Enhancement Program. Learn more about the program here. Virtual session via Zoom. Topics include:
- What sampling can tell you
- Basic sampling, what every grower should do and know how to do
- Types of sampling equipment, what they do, how to use
- Brix refractometers for your vineyard
- Protocol for juice samples for free analysis