Additional resources are added to this page as they become available. If you are aware of resources that are of particular value we should list, please let us know.
Major NC Information Resources
- NCDA&CS COVID-19 PAGE Updated regularly, lots of information and other links.
- CooperEO118– Shutting down bars and restaurants, expanding unemployment
- COVID-19 Farming Resources NC State University Extension Resources Updated regularly
- COVID-19 NC Wine Database Shows what services different wineries are offering (shipping, bottle sales, delivery, etc.) with tasting rooms closed. Wineries, be sure you are on this list.
- NCDA Agriculture Assistance Hotline: 1-866-747-9823. We recommend looking online for answers before calling, so as not to clog the hotline. Answers to some questions may be found on the NCDA COVID-19 website or others on this page. You can share this number with anyone asking agricultural/food related questions concerning COVID-19
National Resources & Information
- www.coronavirus.gov A main federal CDC/White House/DHHS information site
- USDA MAIN CORONAVIRUS PAGE
- Summary of the CARES Act and its benefits for the wine industry
- NASDA Coronavirus Summary Summary of national resources, from the National Association of Departments of Agriculture
- Work Authorization for Essential Ag Personnel (Form issued by Commissioner Troxler; fill it out and give it to your essential employees, and carry one yourself..
- Seasonal ag labor guidance for employers for COVID-19 From NC DHHS
- USDA and USDOL H2A information
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace (US Dept. of Labor: Paid Leave info, posters, fact sheets, etc.)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights (USDOL)
- PPE Guidance for Farms (use of PPE for pesticide application, etc. in times of COVID-19)
From the NC Agromedicine Institute: Coronavirus 2019 Guidance Excellent fact sheet with additional links
Food Safety Resources (NCSU)
- Cleaning and Sanitizing workshop for small produce farmers (recorded webinar, April 3, NC)
- COVID-19 Food Safety Resources Information sheets in both English and Spanish on handwashing, making sanitizer, preparing for an outbreak in your community, cleaning and disinfecting, safety of takeout food and grocery stores, and more.
- COVID-19 Farmers Market Guidelines
- COVID-19 U-Pick Guidelines
- COVID-19 Daily Farmers and Viticulture Update Compiled by Extension Specialist Mark Hoffman