We all thought that COVID-19 would no longer be an issue by Summer 2021, as effective vaccines are now widely available, but ongoing vaccine resistance, the highly infections Delta variant, and factors yet unknown make it a persistant and constantly changing situation. While many of the resources that were posted here in Spring 2020 are no longer relevant, here are some that either have been kept current or may continue to be helpful. Note that rules and recommendations differ state to state and that the situation and infection rate varies widely among different locales. If you are aware of resources that are of particular value we should list, please let us know.
Major Information Resources
- NCDA&CS COVID-19 PAGE Updated regularly, lots of information and other links.
- COVID-19 Farming Resources NC State University Extension Resources Updated regularly. Includes information in Spanish
- www.coronavirus.gov A main federal CDC/White House/DHHS information site
- USDA MAIN CORONAVIRUS PAGE
Direct Market, Pick-Your-Own
- COVID-19 Farmers Market Guidelines (NC)
- COVID-19 U-Pick Guidelines (NC)
- Best Management Practices for U-Pick Farms During the COVID-19 Pandemic (New York; one of the most complete, well-organized lists of recommendations we’ve seen)
Food Safety Resources (NCSU)
- Cleaning and Sanitizing workshop for small produce farmers (recorded webinar, April 3, NC)
- COVID-19 Food Safety Resources Information sheets in both English and Spanish on handwashing, making sanitizer, preparing for an outbreak in your community, cleaning and disinfecting, safety of takeout food and grocery stores, and more.
- COVID-19 Daily Farmers and Viticulture Update Compiled by Extension Specialist Mark Hoffman
- How to Properly Wash Your Hands (CNA; very clear and detailed)
- Good Practice for On-Farm Deliveries during COVID-19, also Continuity of Business Planning (Pennsylvania)
- Coronavirus 2019 Guidance Excellent fact sheet from the NC Agromedicine Institute, with additional links