- 2 cups chilled muscadine or scuppernong juice
- 1 quart half and half (light cream)
- 3 cups sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups whipping cream[/two_third]
- Combine sugar, whipping cream and light cream in a large mixing bowl; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 1 minute or until sugar dissolves.
- Add juices and beat well.
- Pour mixture into 1-gallon size freezer can.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions
From NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, “Local Dish”. See this recipe featured in a video of the Local Dish program on WRAL-TV.