- 3 cups juice pulp
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar or less (depends on sweetness of juice)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 4 eggs separated
- 3 baked pie shells
- To make juice pulp, cook muscadines thoroughly until soft, then strain out skins and seeds.
- Mix juice pulp, water, sugar, egg yolks, and flour and cook in double broiler, stirring frequently until mixture thickens, .
- Pour into 3 baked pie shells.
- Beat egg whites until they form peaks. Beat in a few drops of vanilla. Pour on top of other mixture in pie shell
- Put in oven at 425° . Keep a close eye to watch for it to brown lightly, about 5 min.
Recipe by Lane Honeycutt (Mama Lane) from Salemburg, NC, and shared by Twisted Vines Vineyard, Clinton, NC