Job Announcement: Executive Secretary of the North Carolina Muscadine Grape Association
The North Carolina Muscadine Grape Association (NCMGA) seeks to hire an Executive Secretary to manage the administrative office, programs, and projects of the association. The Association is a non-profit membership organization that has been in existence since 1973. It is currently undergoing a process of reorganization and revitalization, with many opportunities for growth for both the Association and the muscadine industry in the coming years.
This is a part-time position, with hours per week/month variable through the year. Hours are currently expected to average 25 hours/month. Occasional travel within North Carolina will be required. There are opportunities for increased responsibilities and compensation if the Association grows and becomes more successful under the Executive Secretary’s leadership. Salary is negotiable.
Tasks of the Executive Secretary will include
- maintaining an office for NCMGA
- assisting the Board and committees in their tasks
- managing membership records and outreach
- managing the Association’s website, social media, and promotions
- producing and distributing a periodic newsletter to members
- assisting in organizing conferences and other events
- keeping financial records, collecting and depositing dues and other payments
Desired characteristics and skills include the following:
- experience in positions or activities that required similar skills, whether non-profit, business, education, or other
- demonstrable ability to work without direct supervision and manage tasks, funds, and time independently and responsibly, under the direction of the board of directors
- a personal situation that can accommodate a part-time job that combines on-going tasks with occasional periods of high demand
- ability to communicate well and write clearly
- experience with administrative tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks, Access or other database programs; WordPress or other web management tools;, InDesign or other layout tools; ConstantContact, MailChimp or similar; and ability to learn unfamiliar tools. We do not expect candidates to know all of these.
- familiarity with agriculture and a strong interest in making the muscadine industry succeed
- interest in a long-term commitment of 3 or more years
The position is expected to begin in September 2022. Training, orientation, and overlap with the current Executive Director will be provided as needed. Full job description available on request.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and a resume/CV by July 5, 2022 to the NCMGA at firstname.lastname@example.org as email attachments (Word or PDF documents). If questions, please email email@example.com, and include your phone number as well.